The whole wheat bagel from New Yorker Bagels is among the favorites anywhere you go — particularly among the healthy eating crowd. Our whole wheat bagel can satisfy that craving for carbs in a nutritious way, providing a longer lasting punch of energy than a doughnut or even a white dough bagel or other bread or pastry.
Want some topping ideas for our chewy, flavorful whole wheat bagels? Try these:
- Avocado and tomato between the warm halves of a whole wheat bagel is a timeless classic that is healthy and tasty.
- Try spreading some cottage cheese in your bagel, garnished with a ring of pineapple. It’s great as is, but it is to die for on a lightly toasted bagel.
- Cream cheese with whatever combination of chopped nuts or dried fruits you prefer is always a quick and easy on the go treat.
- For the daring, a cheese spread with a bit of jalapeno will kick things up a notch!
- Sun dried tomato with a bit of basil and chive or onion and healthy and fast and always packs a great taste.
- Nutella goes great on a whole wheat bagel, and while it may not be the healthiest choice around, every now and then you have to live on the edge a little.
Consider switching to a whole wheat bagel if you already love bagels but are looking for the healthiest option, or trying a bagel instead of a donut or pastry. A fresh, chewy, crisp whole wheat New Yorker bagel can be found within walking distance almost anywhere in New York — just check the deli or a local cafe and make this a new favorite.