A New Yorker Bagels salt bagel is even better than a pretzel, according to many. The warm taste of the chewy bread topped with the sharp taste of the topping is what makes a salt New Yorker bagel the most excellent morning (or afternoon or after work) snack!
Here are a few ideas of how to use up these bagels to really wow some customers:
- Wrap tightly in foil and heat for an almost (but not quite) fresh off the cart taste. You can use the microwave, but you’ll wish you didn’t – that just makes the salt bagel tougher.
- Slice and cover with plenty of sharp cheddar cheese and some bacon bits. Stick under the broiler for a guilty midnight snack.
- Toast until golden brown and spread with salsa for a southwestern kick. Add some sliced jalapeños for added spiciness!
- Let dry out completely and toss in the blender to turn into crumbs. Use for breading veggies for deep frying, or for chicken, pork or fish.
- Cube and toast lightly on a baking sheet for instant croutons. Drizzle with a flavored oil first for flavored croutons!
The salt bagel may seem humble, but it is one of the favorite New Yorker bagels of all time. Grab one of a cart or swipe on at the local deli for the perfect hunger quencher, any time of day – and take the extra ones home to satisfy those late night cravings.