When you need an easy idea for a corporate breakfast that builds a happy, productive atmosphere, a successful bagel presentation can make you the employee of the month! Bagels are something almost everyone can get behind, and the variety of toppings makes it a smash-hit for everyone.
Whether they prefer a simple cream cheese & fruit combo, or go crazy with meats and cheeses, getting a bagel box is an easy way to please all of your coworkers and friends – not to mention the big bosses. If you’re not sure where to start, here’s a quick guide on how to organize the best bagel brunch you can.
Bagel Office Meeting Shopping List
While bagels are the “foundation” of the meal so to speak, the toppings make it really worthwhile. Bagels can stand on their own two feet, sure, but like bread and toast, they’re better with additions. Here’s a shopping list, so you know what to get.
● Cream cheese: Classic, versatile, and on high-demand.
● Fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and bananas are safe bets. If you’re not up for heavy prepping, fruit jams are the perfect substitute.
● Deli meats. Turkey, smoked ham, and roast beef are all perfect. If you’re feeling fancy, smoked salmon is also a popular choice.
● Veggies. Bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes are safe bets, especially if this meeting is taking place closer to lunch.
● Spreads. Mayo, ranch, and mustard are must-haves if you plan on making bagel sandwiches.
● Cheeses: make sure you have Swiss, a sharp cheddar, and provolone. People love cheese, and bagels make perfect sandwiches when combined with meat.
● Healthy options. Nut butters, hummus, Nutella, and honey are always good things to have on the table.
While you’re at it, don’t hesitate to grab some sides. A veggie platter with carrots, celery, and broccoli can add color to your table, and fresh apple slices, potato chips, and pretzels provide a safe, enjoyable snack for everyone.
Drinks are next. Coffee (and all of its necessities) are a good place to start, though you can grab hot chocolate if you know you’ve got a few non coffee-drinkers. A punch bowl is a cute addition, and small bottles of water offer a safe alternative for anyone who doesn’t want a flavored drink. Finally, make sure to get utensils like knives for spreads, napkins, disposable plates, and cups.
Choose Your Bagels Wisely
Now for the main course. The bagels are the heart of your bagel brunch, so it’s important that you choose wisely. Luckily, New Yorker Bagels provides some of the best company breakfast bagels available, and they ship around the country. Choose the flavors to please your crowd in a crate of overnight-shipped bagels, and your bagels will arrive, fresh and ready-to-eat!
If your event isn’t a surprise, try running a poll for the best bagel flavors, and ask people to choose two or three that they’d enjoy. Order the winning flavors along with a few plain bagels, and you’re set to deliver the corporate event of the year.