If your shop is selling bagels as part of your strategy to catch the morning crowd, you may not have thought of all the ways you can grow the business!
- Your bagel business is only as good as the bagels you sell. Purchasing from a high quality wholesale bagel supplier can help guarantee your product is reliable, uniform, and always lives up to expectations.
- Freshness. Again, using a bagel wholesaler who can have product delivered daily to your business is the best way to ensure freshness without actually making the investment and hiring the staff to make the bagels yourself.
- What you can charge for your bagels will depend in part on your location, your clientele, and the quality of your product. If you buy bagels wholesale, you can generally have a higher profit margin without pricing your bagels outrageously high.
- How you serve your customers is just as important as the quality of product. Open your shop only after you have all product arranged and your cash register on and running. Have common combinations keyed in for faster ringing up (3 for 2 bagel sales coffee and a bagel, etc.)
- Make an effort to streamline your sales process by having products lined up in a sensible manner – bagels, coffee and other beverages lined up neatly; spreads at the checkout for an upsale; ability to quickly slice bagels for customers; and flatware available for spreading cream cheese if desired. Soft butter can be offered with warm bagels.
- Offer your slower to sell bagels at a discount on various days of the week, and as noon approaches have a sale to get rid of fresh product. Bag left-over bagels and sell cheaply as the day draws to a close, and start fresh with new product every morning.
- You can either hand out paper coupons at checkout, or have customers text their number to you and send out early morning special coupons via mobile – all they have to do is show you their phone at checkout. Try buy one get one, or free coffee with a bagel of your choice sales.
These tips will improve your morning bagel sales and increase your chances of making your business a success. Good luck!